Newer Post Older Post

Fettle Those Finishes! End Of Year Reports

It’s time to tie up Fettle Those Finishes! 2023 and for us all to write a report about our progress this year. I’ll start us off, shall I? Here’s list I and list II and my progress report from July, plus my end of year report from 2022.

At the start of the year, I sorted out my sock knitting records and now they’re all transcribed onto a card for each person (or more than one card if a lot of socks have been knitted, I think I have three!) and the system is working very well, much better than the pile of paper I had previously.

Read about the knitting record cards here
Fettling Score = 1

Throughout the year, I’ve knitted twelve pairs of socks for other people (well, thirteen but one wasn’t on the list *shakes head*):

Fettling Score = 13

In July, I had 60 socks-in-waiting in the sock lucky dip album (yes, it’s a thing) and I’m ending the year with 56 despite having knitted ten pairs for me, which means a few have been added in the last six months (not always by me, honest!) so I need to try harder to whittle it down next year.

All the sock finishes for 2023 are under the ‘socks 2023’ label if you want to read more
or find out more about the yarn
Fettling Score = 23

I’ve knitted twenty-four Advent trees and used them this Advent, with a Bendicks bittermint under twenty-two of them (you get eleven in a box):
Read about them here
Fettling Score = 24

I knitted one set of nine dishcloths (listed as one item) and then another eleven later in the year:
Fettling Score = 36


Fettling Score = 37

Then a test tiny jumper to check for size and a further three once orders had been placed:
Fettling Score = 41

Which means I’ve more than doubled my score from last year! However, that’s mainly because they’ve all been small projects. (And all knitting. I’ve done barely any sewing this year, hopefully that will be different next year.)

I’m looking forward to reading your reports, you have until 31st January to link up so loads of time to gather photos, etc. One thing I changed this year compared to last was to keep both an album of finishes and a list of them with my fettling score updated as I went along and it has definitely made writing this report easier; I shall be doing that again next year. I’ll also be making sure that all of the photos of finishes are the same size (at least within a category) as that would have made creating the collages a lot easier.  

Thank you very much for joining in this year, it’s been lovely and I hope you’ll join me next year. Links for Fettle Those Finishes! 2024 lists will open tomorrow and will stay open for quite a while so no need to do everything all at once, there’s just me who needs to do that!

If you had beed more diligent, this could have beed two socks and a small left over ball instead of
almost one sock and a still-quite-big ball *stern face*

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. So many amazing finishes 🎉 I adored the faffy bears even though they were faffy 😊 your socks are glorious as is the tin for the cards. The jumpers are so cute and eye wateringly teeny 😆 but most of all I adored fettling it really has been such a great way to keep accountable and a track of everything. Thank you so much fir hosting it ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the settling scores, such a good idea. What a lot of lovely and varied finishes. The chums love their jumpers, thank you for persevering with them . A very big thank you for prods and pokes and hosting gentle this finishes. Live of live for 2024. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, well done! That's an amazing score. And thank you for the motivation, even though I hardly finished anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a fantastic year of making! I love your advent trees and all those socks are wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing is the Advent Trees! Your socks are amazing!!! Love all your projects. What a lovely making year you've had. *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!