Newer Post Older Post

Tricky Socks

I love this sock yarn (Opal ‘Weather Peak’ (11155)) but it was a bit of a sod to find the right starting point for the second sock so that it would match the first one - I ended up winding off quite a bit to find it and even then I wasn’t sure I was right until I was at the heel. I probably could have got away with not even attempting to match them, but I’m glad I did.


It was well worth the effort, though, and I think the leftovers will work well in a future pair of scrappy socks. 

I think I’m going to have a sort out of the leftovers box soon and check I’m happy with all the ‘kits’ I assembled in 2022 and place any new leftovers into new kits/incorporate them into existing ones. This will help me write my 2024 Fettling List once I’ve sorted my end of year report. The link for the end of year Fettle Those Finishes reports will open on 31st December, as will the (separate) December Furtle. Then the link for the 2024 Fettle Those Finishes will open on 1st January. I’ll try to give you loads of time for both the Fettling links as I know they can take a while to compile and I think I might have found a way round the issues I had in December/January when I had too many open link parties for my free Inlinkz account so we should *crosses fingers and hopes* *touches wood * be okay to have three parties open at the same time.  We’ll find out in a worryingly short time!

I’ve got the next pair of socks lined up, of course, ready to be cast on later today:
Mine new sleeping bag is a bit of a funny fit, I finks you needs to fix it so I can get more
than mine legs in.


Comments

  1. Firstly those socks are amazing!!!! Love them, secondly thank you for the heads up about fettling/furtling parties and a HUGE thanks for all your work in hosting them! Such a great way to keep track!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!