Newer Post Older Post

Yet Another Pair Of Socks

Continuing with my unintentional year of the sock, I’ve finished another pair. These are made with the leftovers from two balls of WYS Brightside, one from a pair I knitted and the other from a pair my friend knitted. They’re both the same dye lot so I assumed that it would be as easy as knitting two socks from the same ball and getting the colour changes to match but that was very much not the case. The first sock, which was knitted all from one ball, went smoothly but when I came to knitting the leg of the second sock, from the other ball, I had constant trouble trying to get the changes to match. Fortunately, once I got to the point where I could swap back to the first ball, things went a lot better. A (different) friend said that although they’re the same dye lot, that will be comprised of many hanks and if one has a tighter twist than the other, they won’t knit up exactly the same. Which makes sense when you think about it and made me feel a lot better about my knitting consistency, as you can imagine!
I’ve started the next pair. While I was knitting the pair above, I was asked how many pairs I’d knitted and I realised that they were pair number 99. Which means that this is pair 100:
Yarns are, from top right working clockwise, Lobster, Unicorn Tears, Neon Flamingo,
Pink Elephant, Rainbow Unicorn, and unlabelled, all from Made By Penguins

I dithered slightly over whether to use my usual method of choosing the next pair (ask Mr Random Number Generator to choose for me) or whether to look at all the options and choose for myself. In the end, I let Mr RNG choose for me and I’m thrilled that he chose an all-Made By Penguins option for my hundredth pair. 

I’m knitting broad(ish) stripes in a random order (close my eyes and pick one, a time-tested method, but after having removed the yarn I’ve just used and the one before it) and the cuff of one sock will match the toe of the other to make sure they look like a pair. Unlike my other scrappy socks, I’m leaving the ends to be darned in at the end; I may yet regret this decision!

Apparently, they’ve already been claimed:
One for each of us? You is too kind *beams*

Comments

  1. Pair 100??? Oh my how many pom poms does that require!!! A lot 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 and they are beautiful too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!