Newer Post Older Post

A (Sock) Century!

I recently realised that I was approaching my one hundredth pair of socks and Mr Random Number Generator thrilled me by choosing a ‘kit’ from my Sock Lucky Dip album which consisted entirely of yarn from Made By Penguins. I started with these:
And after not very much knitting at all (we all know that stripes go faster), I had these:
Usually, I make socks which match but for these I fancied stripy and co-ordinated but not matching, just for something different. I started by choosing two cuff colours and decided that they would swap over for the toes. I also decided that I’d use one of the six yarns for both heels and that I’d do regular (ten round) stripes. I also decided that I wouldn’t weave in the ends as I knitted as I’m not keen on the uneven stitches I get as a result so I thought I’d see how tedious darning in all the ends afterwards was. I was pleasantly surprised and found it very satisfying, which bodes well for future scrappy socks. I did my usual diagonal path, darning the ends through the purl bumps rather than under and then back down and after doing that for 64 ends, the socks were declared to be finished. Next time, I’m going to try this method which has been recommended by someone on Threads to see which I prefer. 


Mini Archie has his eyes on the leftovers from this pair *sighs*
I finks you’ll find that this is plenty enough for sleeping bags for I and mine chums.
Or blankets. Or bof. 
 

Comments

  1. Hoorah!!! 🎉🎉 waves pompoms for 100th pair of a9cks and they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!