Back in February (end of January, I'm afraid I can't remember!), I started knitting my first pair of socks. As I can't wear wool next to my skin (it's bad enough trying to knit with it!), these were intended to be 'over my normal socks house socks' for the winter. I put them on this quarter's FAL list in the hope that it would motivate me to finish the first sock, and knit the second. At the start of the quarter, they/it looked like this:
and now they look like this:
A few hours after darning in the ends yesterday morning, I bought the yarn for my second pair, even though when I finished them I wasn't sure I was going to knit another pair. Looks like I am!!
Pattern: a mix between KnitFreedom toe up and Regia top down (for the sizing/stitch count - no link as I have a paper copy which was free many years ago with Regia sock yarn)
Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Signature in 4ply
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Pattern changes: different cast on (where you cast on half the stitches needed, knit a row, turn it upside down and then pick up the other half of the stitches needed. I can't find a link to it and found it in a book, sorry!), Fleegle heel, 73 (!) rounds of 2x2 rib for the fold-over cuff, Jeny's surprisingly stretchy cast off
Archie has been taking the time to smell the flowers:
|I thought these might smell of biscuits. They don't. Disappointing.|
Thanks for popping in!