We're now at the end of the second quarter of the 2016FAL (and hence halfway through the year) and it's time to link up your finishes.
As you know, the 2016 FAL is now global and a community of bloggers across the world are jointly hosting the FAL. Our hosts are:
Before we get down to the linking business, let's say a big thank you to our fantastic sponsors:
- 1st July - Rhonda (Rhonda's Ramblings) Modified Card Trick Block
- 2nd July - Jess (Elven Garden Quilts) Adding Mitred Borders To Blocks
- 3rd July - Leanne (She Can Quilt) Modern Labyrinth Trivet
- 4th July - Debbie (A Quilter's Table) Metal Zippers Three Ways
- 5th July - Cindy (Fluffy Sheep Quilting) New York Beauty Block
- 6th July - Nicky (Mrs. Sew and Sow) Covered Boxes
The 2016 Q2 link for your finishes is now open below on my blog and on each of the hosting blogs and you only need to link on one blog for your finish to appear on each blog. The link-up "rules" are as follows:
- Add one link for each Q2 finish. If you want to link a round up post of all your finishes, use that link to enter one of your finishes and then link the rest of your finishes separately. Please, only one link per finish, as your link is an entry into the randomly drawn prize draws.
- Please use the 2016 FAL button or the hashtag #2016FAL
- Please ensure that the photo or blog post you link up contains a link or reference back to your original Q2 list so that we can verify your entry.
- Please become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and comment. We all need encouragement so let's applaud each other. The 2016 FAL Facebook page is here and follow us on Instagram @finishalong and tag your photos #2016FAL.
- Our hosts will also link their finishes to share in the community, but they are not eligible for any of the prizes.
The Q2 Finishes link will stay open from now until 8th July at 4am (BST) and speaking from experience, it's best to link up your finishes early. If you have a last minute finish, add it later in the week so you don't miss out, but linking up early gives you time to concentrate on a last-minute finish, as well as giving you time to sort out any problems with the linking up process. (If that happens, email me or one of the other hosts and we will do our best to sort it out with you.) The prizes will be awarded as soon as we can verify all the entries and do the drawings, and we will post the winners on each host blog.
Once you have linked up your finishes (I currently have four (I think) and if I knit furiously for the next nine days then I may have five), start making your Q3 FAL lists as the Q3 list link opens on 8th July at 6am (BST). Don't forget that you can rollover unfinished projects from Q2 (and Q1. And Q4, 3, 2 and 1 from 2015FAL if you're anything like me. *hangs head in shame*)
|Will you please stop trying to take a photo of my eye, it's creepy! Or at least give me a biscuit for each attempt.|
I did manage it eventually, though:
Now, link up your finishes!!